Thursday

Our current exhibition was featured in Le Cool this week which is great.
I have to say I really enjoyed installing the show and seeing its development into this wonderful world.

Initially the program I had planed for January fell through. As there was not a lot of time to prepare and install I asked Emma Winter to a take on the space. Her bold and simple ideas would be perfect to make a big impact with a fairly simple set up. And so this was the brief I set: bold and simple. The result is sertianly bold Linkbut it was also probably the most complex, layered, intricate detailed and fully handmade work we have had at Tank! But being the kind of curator who loves the artist to go all out for whatever they dream up I agreed to help her realize her concept.

After a week of late nights, a flat full of interns, using a sewing machine for the first time, and wallpaper pasting ourselves into a corner...not only is there now a stunning work that has transformed Tank but we also developed a close artistic relationship which will see us collaborate on future projects including the continuing chapters of the Trail of Tales exhibitions.

It just goes to show you that the most unexpected, last minute and difficult projects can bring you the most rewards. It had been fun, stimulating and intense. Which it exactly how I like it! Aoife

No comments:

Post a Comment